Vacancy: Automatic Gate/ Barrier Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Recruiting for candidates nationwide – please get in touch!
Career Level: Minimum 1 year industry experience
Salary: Up to £30,000 per year + overtime
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Automatic Gate/ Barrier Engineer to join our existing team. The successful applicant will ideally have proven relevant experience (ADSA approved, DHF qualified or small wire experience), although further training will be given.
- Daily responsibilities include attending service visits, pre-planned maintenance, and emergency call-outs to the gates & barriers of our customers based across the UK
- Fault finding, repair of gates, barriers & associated accessories
- Installation of new parts, accessories & furniture
- Liaising with office staff to relay important information required for quoting of repair works
- Attendance at monthly engineers meetings in the company head office (Wirral, Merseyside)
- Working both on your own and with other engineers when required
- Respond to reactive repairs and breakdowns within set response times and work towards company KPI’s
- Strive to First Time Fix on all reactive jobs
- Report further works required using our Job Logic app.
- Provide technical support to office staff and clients when required
- Comply with statutory Health and Safety obligations at all times
- Experience with the service & repair of gates & barriers
- Full UK driving license
- Good interpersonal, organisational and administration skills.
- A flexible and positive approach is expected to help us meet and exceed our customer’s often demanding needs.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain long-lasting relationships with customers, suppliers & subcontractors
- Good understanding of health & safety
- Strong organisation and time management skills – this role will require working to customer deadlines
- Solid technical background, with understanding and hands-on experience in the automatic door industry
- Ability to report clear concise information to the operations department
- Hold a mechanical, technical or construction qualification
- Hold BS EN 16005 or BS 7036 Authorised technician card
- Hold a DHF diploma
- PASMA/ IPAF qualified
- Blue or Gold CSCS Card holder
- Electrical/ wiring qualifications
- NVQ in related subject
- Excellent rates of pay
- Overtime available
- Annual leave
- Company van, equipment, mobile & workwear
- Full training & support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Competitive salary
- NVQ scheme available
- Specialist construction training courses such as PASMA, IPAF, IOSH etc. (where applicable to the candidate’s job role)
- JPF is a forward-thinking, growing company established in 1997 with strong ties to the local community.
- We have a team of highly knowledgeable individuals with the experience and technical expertise to ensure we are the best at what we do!
- We strive to create a positive work environment full of happy, engaged employees who all work towards one cause. We’re all part of the same team and we work together to ensure everyone feels supported in their role, competent to complete their job and committed to providing the best level of service we can!
- We reward those who work hard to prove themselves! Many of JPF’s higher level management and board members all began their JPF careers in other jobs and have worked their way up to the roles they have today
- We have a great reputation in our local community, working with a huge array of clients from the big to the small! We care about quality and ensuring we deliver the best service we can to our customers!
- Our state of the art manufacturing facilities and technical knowledge ensure we are competitive in our marketplace and allow us to lead the way in design and innovation!
Why choose us
- Join a successful and growing business full of innovative thinkers, team players and hard workers. We’re a thriving and dynamic company committed to employee engagement and satisfaction all round! We know our staff make JPF the company that it is and we would be nothing without the JPF team!
- We provide all our staff with the training they need to be able to complete their jobs including both internal (in our in-house training facility) and external training. From NVQ’s to Diplomas, Specialist Leadership and Management Courses to Specialist industry courses such as ADSA, DHF etc., JPF are committed to improving our employee’s skills and making them into better people!
- We offer a generous holiday allowance with the chance to add an additional 3 extra days per year if you aren’t off sick the year before – plus an additional day for every year you work for the company!
- We have Payday pizza – seriously we all get dominos on the last Friday of every month – Pizza!
To apply please send CV and covering letter to our HR team